Clare County Council says demand for water is exceeding supply capacity on most water supplies in County Clare.
In order to conserve the supply the council is taking the following actions:
Water will be cut off until further notice at the following locations and at the time specified:
- Doora, Barefield, Crusheen, Lahinch Road, Shanaway Road. Clare Road(area around St Flannan’s College) Tulla Road including Spancilhill Group Water Scheme and Gort Road, Quin Road (from Railway Bridge out) Ennis from 8.00pm to 8.00am
- Shannon, Newmarket on Fergus, Sixmilebridge, Bunratty, Cratloe, Quin and Tulla from 8.00pm to 8.00am
- Clonlara, Broadford, Shannon Banks, Westbury, Parteen, Ardnacrusha, Carraig Midhe, Coolisteigue from 8.00pm to 9.00am
- In addition Westbury Estate & Tulla village from 2.00pm to 6.00pm today 30th Dec
- New Quay, Corofin, Ruan, Ennistymon, Lahinch, Liscannor, Lisdoonvarna, Doolin and Fanore from 8.00pm to 8.00am (Tonight 30th Dec)
- 11.30pm to 8.00am (New Years Eve 31st Dec)
- Kilkee Bay Hotel and Apartment complex only & Moyasta Group Water Scheme 8.00pm to 8.00am
New Years Eve 31st Dec. While every effort will be made to delay the following shut-downs of public water supply on tomorrow New Years Eve this may not be possible due to operational priorities.
STANDPIPES will continue to operate at the following locations from 10.00 am to 12 noon each day until further notice:
- Ennis/Clarecastle: Gort Road Industrial Estate, Cappahard (Tulla Road), Cahercalla Estate (Kilrush Road), Health Centre (Clarecastle)
- Shannon: Gleann an Oir, Ros Silin (Ballycasey)
- Sixmilebridge: Near McGregors Pub
- Westbury: 60 Clonard (near Westbury Church)
- Cratloe: Wood Cross, Cratloe from 1.00pm to 3.00pm each day until further notice
Tankers will supply water to the following locations each day until further notice at the time specified:
Tulla: Main Street Tulla, (opposite Vets Office), 2.00pm to 4.00pm
Lahinch: The Promenade, 2.00pm to 4.00pm
Ennistymon: County Council offices, 2.00pm to 4.00pm
Shannon: Fire Station, 10.00am to 12.00 noon
Cratloe : Woodbrook, 1.00pm to 3.00pm
Quin: Quin Village, 10.00am to 12.00 noon
Doora: Near church, 2.00pm to 3.00pm
Ruan: Ruan Village, 3.30pm to 4.30pm
Crusheen: Village Centre, 5.00pm to 6.00pm
The Councils Emergency number (should only be used to report major bursts and leaks in public area) is 087-4169496 which operates from 5.00pm each evening to 9.30am the next morning. This number is to facilitate emergencies only such as leaks in the public mains. From 9.30am to 5.00pm please contact the Council’s main office number at 065-6821616.
The Council is aware that many individual households do not have water in many areas of the county. The Council is working continuously to restore supplies to all areas.
Note to Editor:
- For further information please contact Mark Dunphy of Dunphy Public Relations on 086-8534900 or [email protected]