Tuesday, May 26, 2009
MSL LEGAL EXPENSES LAUNCHES EXTENDED PRODUCT FOR LANDLORDS
Independent legal expenses provider, MSL, is responding to greater financial pressure on landlords by launching a revised product that offers a high level of standard cover plus a range of flexible upgrades.
MSL Landlord, is intended to enable landlords of residential and now commercial properties to find good quality cover at competitive premiums with a range of enhancements.
The rebranded product (formerly called KeyLet) has been extended to include commercial landlords and provides cover for up to £50,000 of legal costs, plus access to legal helplines and advice from the company’s own nationwide panel of experts.
Nick Garner, Managing Director at MSL Legal Expenses said: “Rapid market contraction has made life very difficult for professional landlords and buy-to-let investors. In the current climate, they are looking very closely at their costs and the effect on rental yields. Our new product is designed not only to provide a high level of cover, but also offer a degree of flexibility for policyholders by offering upgrades and enhancements to meet their specific needs. For brokers, we have made quoting, issuing the policy and ordering stationery far easier through our online quotation system called MSL Connect.”
MSL is one of the longest established independent legal expenses businesses in the UK, providing a range of products for insurers, brokers and intermediaries. The company manages relationships with more than 900 brokers nationwide and is looking to expand further into the commercial broking market.
The company recently launched a range of assistance products including vehicle breakdown, identity theft and household emergency cover.
MSL’s Landlord policy is underwritten by Financial and Legal Insurance Company Limited.
2/ MSL LEGAL EXPENSES LAUNCHES EXTENDED PRODUCT FOR LANDLORDS
Nigel Charlesworth, The Smart Agency
T. 0870 403 6499 M. 07964 900 861
Notes to Editors
Standard MSL Landlord policy cover:
Legal Defence: Provides legal costs and expenses for defence in respect of civil and criminal proceedings for both the policyholder and employees in the course of their employment.
Bodily Injury: Provides legal costs and expenses to pursue the policyholder’s right to recover damages following injury caused by a third party.
· Property Legal Disputes: legal costs and expenses in the pursuit or defence of civil disputes relating to the letting of property owned by the policyholder, acts or alleged wrongful acts by a tenant which causes damage to your property and an infringement of legal rights relating to the rightful occupation or ownership of the property.
· Providing legal costs and expenses in the pursuit of an undisputed debt for rent unpaid by the tenant.
· Attendance Expenses: Provides up to £1,000 for any one claim in respect of actual loss of wages when attending court or a tribunal/arbitration hearing as a witness, or a defendant, at MSL’s request.
· Property Protection: Provides legal costs and expenses to pursue the policyholder’s legal rights to recover damages following injury or damage to property from a third party.
· Rent Guarantee: Provides protection to pay the monthly rent for up to 6 months or £2,000, whichever is the lower providing there is no other dispute between the Policyholder and Tenant.
· Contract Disputes: Provides legal costs and expenses to pursue and defend a dispute with a customer or supplier.
· Licence Protection: Provides legal costs and expenses for actions brought against the policyholder to suspend, alter or revoke your licence.
· Data Protection: Provides legal costs and expenses for representation and defence of proceedings brought under the Data Protection Act.
· TAX, PAYE and VAT Protection: Provides legal costs, expenses and accountants fees to represent the policyholder in the event of an in-depth investigation by HM Revenue and Customs.
· Access to a helpline should you become involved in a dispute and need to take legal advice or action
· Professional advice through our nationwide panel of specialists
· Available to Landlords of residential and commercial properties
· Cover for up to £50,000 of legal costs
· Ability to cover up to 5 properties on 1 policy
· Ability to cover portfolios in excess of 5 properties
· Discount available for Rent Guarantee when 5 or more properties covered
· Cover can be selected to build a policy to suit clients requirements
· Policy documents and certificates issued immediately by email to the agent
· No proposal form required.